Thursday, December 10, 2015

2nd Quarter Reading Reflection

Warning: This Blog Writer would like to apologize in advance for any and all cringe-like reactions from cringe worthy puns due to the author's current state of mind, if you do not like puns then run. Or you could just skip the 1st paragraph, whatever floats your (non-existent) boat.



        Disclaimer aside, in terms of books finished, I have finished 4 books this quarter, these books are The Color of Water by James McBride, which (hopefully) you've all read, The Wild Truth by Carine McCandless as my choice memoir (Which truth to be told, I'm too tired to post a picture, so have a hyperlink instead) Additionally I read Of Mice and Men By John Steinbeck (Which I thought would be a comedy... it's not. Farm from it) Oh, and there's also A Seperate Peace by John Knowles (No puns this time, but for some reason I got, yet again, a tragedy) While Wild Truth was somewhat low leveled, the other 3 books were (in my opinion, your opinions may vary) relatively higher class. Though to be honest I can't say why I selected those books because I just let Mrs Leitsch select all of those books to read. As for my favorite book, I have to say Of Mice and Men. While it's certainly not for everyone, Of Mice and Men just was one of the books that just resonated me beyond just "Hey, that was a fun read!" Through my reading this semester, I'd say my reading style is leaning towards the stereotypical "Classics" and towards my realistic stuff.

        And now I have to go back and check out my goals last quarter so I can make a glorified reflection about them. So my goals last quarter were to 1. Read more fictional genre books, and 2. Do more "spiritual" reading. In regards to goal #1, I've now read books of the realistic genre (Shocking, right?) But that's practically the only new genre I read. Probably the main reason why its the only new genre I read was because I, after writing my 1st Quarter Reading Reflection Post, promptly forgot about my goals, not only that, but I didn't try as hard as I could've to find new genres, but whatever the case, I somewhat accomplish my goal. On the subject of goal #2, I would say I did more spiritual reading in the 4 books I read, going over them much more slowly than I did with my books 1st Quarter. As for goals next quarter, I guess I should read more books than I did this quarter, and since Marching Band is not yet over because Pasadena and Rose Bowl Parade wants my soul over by the time 3rd Quarter begins, I'll have the free time to read more, so let's try and read 7 books next quarter. In fact, since I only kinda accomplished goal #1 from last quarter, let's try to read a book from a Mystery Genre and a Fantasy Genre, for the variety.

(UNNECESSARY PUBLIC NOTE: I'll make picture dumps of my books down here when I do not have 20 minutes before I go and check out some Band stuff)

No comments:

Post a Comment